Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Sixty & Better. Volunteers are our valued partners in helping older adults remain connected, healthy, active, and involved in their communities. We believe that helping others is a personally rewarding activity and strive to provide life-enhancing activities not only to the older adults we serve but to the volunteers who join us in our mission as well. We are grateful for the many creative and dedicated individuals who give generously of their time and talents to improve the lives of others.
- Talk Time - Become a friend to an isolated senior by calling them on the phone once a week. Sixty & Better matches older adults who have limited social contact with volunteers who can provide a listening ear and emotional connection. This volunteer opportunity requires a weekly commitment of one hour over a three-month period.
- Health Educators – Sixty & Better Health Educators deliver health-focused education programs to help older adults take positive steps to manage chronic diseases and other health challenges. This opportunity requires additional training.
- Youth Volunteers - Students under the age of 16 may volunteer with a parent present. Volunteers ages 16 to 17 may participate with a signed parent permission form. Sixty & Better does not accept court-ordered volunteers.
- Community Ambassadors – Represent Sixty & Better by helping staff the organization’s booth at community and health fairs and providing organizational support for speaking engagements throughout the community. The scheduling of volunteer service will revolve around planned activities and engagements.
- Social Media Advocate – Help Sixty & Better reach a larger audience by liking, commenting on, and sharing your stories of engagement with persons served by the organization with your friends, family and colleagues.
For more information about volunteering, call Stacy Babella at 817-413-4949, ext.212, or email@example.com.
Once the application has been approved and the background check completed, new volunteers are required to complete a two-hour orientation session held once a month.