Volunteers Opportunities Include:
- Health & Wellness Class Assistant – Volunteers assist certified instructors deliver classes that improve the balance and mobility of seniors, assist with the management of chronic health conditions, and increase physical stamina while providing opportunities to engage with peers in a friendly, social environment. Classes are provided throughout Tarrant County on weekdays between the hours of 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Creativity Facilitator - Volunteers lead or assist in or with providing art activities in senior centers and care facilities throughout Tarrant County. Volunteers can also assist seniors with more advanced projects at Evelyn’s Creativity Lab, located at Sixty & Better’s offices.
- Community Event Chaperone – Volunteers provide individual support to seniors on field trips by leading small groups through exhibits, assisting with mobility challenges, and encouraging participant engagement. Dance chaperones can assist with decorating, serving food, overseeing activity stations, and joining the seniors on the dance floor. Field trips and dances are held on weekday afternoons.
- Special Projects Assistant – Volunteers assist in preparing for special events and activities, visiting potential field trip venues, coordinating donation drives, and providing office support.
- Community Ambassadors – Volunteers represent Sixty & Better by managing information booths at community events and health fairs, providing support at donor gatherings and community meetings, and representing the organization in the community.
Thank you for considering joining the Sixty & Better Volunteer Team!
Are you ready to take the next step?